7 Tips on How to Reduce Histamine in the Body
Reduce Histamine in the Body
At one point in time, you may have experienced some high levels of histamine in the body; a condition commonly referred to as histamine intolerance. There are several causatives with the most common being as a result of a deficiency of the histamine breaking enzyme known as diamine oxidase (DAO). Since the condition can be maintained and the histamine levels regulated to the normal required range. There are a few tips here and there that will help you reach the optimal levels and help you maintain them at par, to avoid any complicated health issues
What is histamine?
Histamine is a chemical that is involved with your digestion, immune and nervous system. Therefore, high levels of the chemical, may have impacts on these three areas within your body cavity. It basically works as a neurotransmitter in communicating important messages from the three regions and relying waves to the brain. It’s also associated with breaking down of food, as one of the components found within the stomach acid, a reason why you experience problems with your stomach, immediately or sometime after eating.
Other causes of low histamine levels in the body
The lack or low numbers of diamine oxidase is only one of the several causes of histamine intolerance. Other major causes include consumption of different varieties of food chemicals that alters the histamine levels and causes a spike. This often occurs in human beings who are allergic and sensitive to some types of chemicals that do not agar well with their bodies. It is important to keep in mind that when you consume large amounts of food rich in histamine and contain anti-inflammatory properties, you will be damaging yourself in bits by bits.
- GI bleeding
- Leaky gut
- Consumption in excess of fermented alcohol
- Intake of histamine-rich foods
- Bacterial overgrowth
Signs and symptoms of histamine intolerance
If you have constantly been feeling like each and every awakening day of your life is crowded with regular gastrointestinal distress and problems that are abrupt and accompanied by a runny nose, then you might be suffering from a condition known as histamine intolerance. This often occurs when you are eating or immediately thereafter and one has very little control on the consequences that arise at that juncture. It can be very disheartening if you have no idea what is causing all that and worst, if you do not know how to tame the uneventful results of the condition.
- Nausea and constant vomiting
- Headaches and dizziness
- A flushed face
- Chronic constipation
- Runny nose
- Low blood pressure
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Abdominal cramps and irregular menstrual flow
- Tissue swelling
Solutions to reduced histamine levels in the body
Having figured out what causes and how to identify whether what has been making you fell ill is histamine intolerance, we need to have a few measures to help counteract this condition. There are a number of solutions as well as precautions which you can put in place to aid in helping you keep your histamine levels balanced. This mainly involve;
- Consume natural foods that help decrease histamine levels such as citrus fruits among other fruits, beams, nuts, pork and wheat germ. In addition to that, drinks lots of water.
- Avoid taking DAO blocking foods which inhibit the regulation of histamine levels and causes the levels to rise gradually. They include; green tea, energy drinks, and alcohol.
- Since histamine breakdown takes place in the gut, you need to ensure that you have taken good care of it and in the case of a leaky gut, you should have a doctor treat you.
- Take DAO supplements that help boost the enzyme that breaks down histamine. It also helps in relieving some of the symptoms that arise when you are suffering from histamine intolerance.
- Rest as often as possible and ensure that you eat hours earlier before retiring to bed.
- Meditating and getting to connect with your inner body may do you wonders if you have been suffering from histamine intolerance. It helps in identify your body sensations, and in the case of an off trigger, you can take action before the matter gets out of hand.
Knowing your body well enough helps you realize when something is amiss with and you can take better care of yourself. In the case of high histamine levels, avoid panics as they may result in worse situations and instead, be calm and follow the solutions above to keep your levels within the right range.